Friday, July 8, 2016

Metallic Lustres On Polymer Clay

As you know, I love to play with finishes on white clay.  

In some ways it is silly, really.

I could start with a color then play with it, but NOOOOOO!

I will start with white, paint it a color and then mess with it again.

That is what happened with these pieces.

I used white as the base...

Painted them black and then rubbed them with Metallic Lustres paints from DecoArt.


I love the way they turned out.


But i am thinking down the road to make my life a little easier, I will start with black clay, then use the Metallic Lustres.


Work smarter not harder...


In all fairness to me, when I make polymer pieces, I never know how they will be finished down the road.


I do things in stages....


I make beads and components for a week.

Bake them all.


Then I divide them into groups for how they will be finished and start working on them in those groups.


Lastly I seal them.

Once they are sealed,  they wait to become a necklace, bracelet or earrings.

Anyway, Metallic Lustres are one of my favorite ways to finish beads.

I love rubbing them into the pieces.

Have you ever tried them?

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: