Friday, September 25, 2015

Sometimes A Collection Starts With 5....Hand Saws


It has been crazy around here.

  I will reveal why in the next few weeks.

I apologize for being a little MIA.

Earlier this summer I shared my apron collection.


It all started with one...


But sometimes a collection starts with 5.

That's how I am now collecting hand saws.


On one of my flea market trips this summer, I found 5 hand saws for $1 each.


Now, I could not turn away a bargain like that.

So my daughter and I dug out all 5 and put them in the little rolling red wagon we take on such journeys.


And home they came.

They have each seen their own share of work.


The handles are worn smooth with wear...


I had no idea whatsoever of what I would do with them when I loaded them in the wagon.


But a few ideas are dancing around in my brain now.


My husband was given first choice when I got home.


He kindly declined.

At first I was a bit disappointed.

If he had chosen even one, I would have had a reason for such a strange impulse buy.


Nope.

On my own here.


I do love the wear on the handles and the blades.

I always think of the stories a piece holds but cannot tell.


So it looks like I now collect hand saws too.


What odd little things do you collect and how did it all begin?

Thanks for stopping by...

                   Linking up with these great blogs.

No comments: