Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Workbench Wednesday: Stamping Tin

I am so excited this week to share my newest passion with you: stamping tin.

Now, from the title and the name, you are probably picturing something different than what I am actually doing.

I am melting tin and then stamping it with rubber stamps.

What I get it these amazing pieces.


Some of these are almost paper thin.


It is a learning process to see what rubber stampers work the best.


It depends on what you are hoping for.

These butterfly pieces have a large design with a lot of rubber to displace the tin.


These coins were made from a silicone mold made from a jewelry charm.


These pieces used some of those silicone molds I made a few weeks ago with the botanicals from the yard.


I love the texture of these.


I did a bunch with one of my favorite child face stampers.


I think it is neat how it is sort of an abstract image.


The angle has to be just right to see what it is.


What fun!

I also did some with script stamps.


Some have irregular edges.


I am starting to learn how to control the tin.

Some are more round like coins.


My husband is the key to the success of the process.

The way I created them is a two person process I will share later.

I cannot wait to show you how they look when they are patinaed and used in designs later.


Thanks for stopping by....

                 Linking up with these great blogs.


No comments: