Friday, February 6, 2015

Cinnamon Stick Tree Topper

Time to share another ornament.

Are you creating as I am sharing?

If you are, you will be ready December 2015 with lots of ornaments for your tree or gift giving.

Today is a bit different.

This is a tree topper.

I could not reach the top of my little outdoor tree so I took pictures among the branches, but it is a tree topper.

This star is made from cinnamon sticks, raffia, some wire and a pinecone.


You will also need a hot glue gun, glue sticks, and a hot glue mat.



Arrange your cinnamon sticks in your desired pattern on your hot glue mat.

I used a variety of lengths.

Once you like the pattern, add hot glue to the center.

I added lots so it got a little messy.



Before the glue cools, add your pine cone to the front.

This helps camouflage the glue and makes a pretty and natural center.



I almost forgot...

Add a long piece of heavy wire to the bottom of the star before the glue hardens.



You can bend it around a cylinder or cone shape first.

If you forget, it can be done after but it is more difficult.

 Let the glue cool and harden completely.

I usually wait at least 30 minutes.

Peel it off the mat.

To cover some of the messy glue, I wrapped raffia around the center.

I used several strands and left the ends long.
 
I just tied the ends in a knot to secure.



It has such a great natural look to it.



I think these would be fun on small outdoor trees as well.



Imagine trees decorated for the birds with these on top....



Thanks for stopping by....


Linking up with these great blogs...

No comments: