Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dyed Pine Cone Mini Trees

I recently showed you how I dyed pine cones with RIT dye.

You can see how here.

I used some of these pinecones to make some cute little mini trees for Christmas.



These would look great in a vignette....

As a package topper....

Or nestled in the branches of your tree.


They are supper fast and easy.


I added a wooden block to each as a base.


I got a whole bag of these at the flea market this summer.

I think someone's puppy may have played with them before I bought them.

I don't mind...

Adds a little charm...


Just use a hot glue gun to add one little pom pom to each petal of the pine cone.


Add a star to the top.


Mine is a little distressed white tin star.


One of the pinecones was sort of wonky.

He sits a little askew.


The white one could be out all winter...


If you used tacky glue instead of hot glue, this would be kid-friendly.


What a fun little craft.


Thanks for stopping by.....








No comments: