Sunday, October 26, 2014

Burlap Pillow Cover from A Coffee Sack...




Having a daughter that is a barista has multiple benefits...

She can make really great drinks at home.

Sometimes she brings me amazing leftover coffee....

And she brings me coffee bags...

I love those burlap sacks.

So this summer I used one to make a pillow cover for a bench outside the garage.


This one has that great frog graphic.

I cut my pieces from the burlap bag to maximize the bag graphics.



This is my first pillow cover and I was determined to do it without a pattern.

This can be very rewarding or very frustrating... 

This time it was good.

Here is the back of the pillow





It looks great on the bench.


I am proud of my first effort and have plans for a few more.





I like that little twine tail that I left intact from the bag...

I took this picture about 2 months after I put it outside.

You can see the frog really faded.

I like the look but learned to try something to preserve it in the future if it will be in the direct sun...




Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: