Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sweet Halloween Tags

Remember not too long ago, I shared a simple tutorial on stained tags.

You can find it here.

You can do the same thing to create colored tags  by just substituting RIT Dye for the coffee and cinnamon.

An even simpler way to dye small batches of things, is to mix your dye and water in a large Ziploc bag.

Just add you tags/lace, fabric and paper right to the dye in the bag.

Squish it around a bit.

You may want to leave it in the zipped up bag to intensify the color.

Then remove the tags and let them dry like before.

I dyed some tags orange for fall.

I ran them through the Sizzix Big Shot with some embossing folders.

Then I went crazy giving them a sweet Halloween makeover.


You can see the workbench was covered with goodies...buttons, rossettes, stickers, dyed cheesecloth, lace, paper bits, vintage haloween images and halloween stickers...


I usually start by sewing paper scraps or images to the tags first.

I added some lace sewn to some as well.


Then I start gluing goodies to get the look I want...




A lot of the images are printed on muslin from the Graphics Fairy.




These will be perfect tied to pumpkins.


I just love tags...

Not sure why...

I just always have.


Maybe because they are more usable than a card.



I love a homemade card, but a tag I keep out long after I 
got it/made it....


I stamped some spider webs on vellum as well...

And punched out some spiders from black card stock.



I always think of a tag as a mini canvas for artwork.


Hope you feel inspired to try it out as well...

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: